Wednesday 17 June 2015

Turin - Day One, Part Two

I went back to the Palazzo Reale to see the Royal Armory, which was just amazing. And then I want to the Museum of Antiquity and the Galleria Sabauda. It was all just wonderful and I can't believe that I got all of it done today. Here are some of my faves!

The Royal Armory 







This is the old entrance to the Armory, which is now where people leave the exhibit. 

I love this painting. Baby Jesus looks like he can be a little dickens in this one and Mary looks very sweet and patient. 'The Holy Family' is by Giovanni Antonio Bazzi detto Sedoma and was painted in 1513.

This is a 2nd or 3rd century cup that was excavated in Turin. The figures on the sides are Amazons in battle.

This is 'The Adoration of the Shepherds' by Denys Calvaert, painted in 1600.

'The Annunciation' by Orazio Lomi detto Dentileschi, painted in 1623. 
This one is a new favorite of mine because it's just so stinkin' adorable. It's called 'The Holy Family with Saint Elizabeth and the Infant Saint John' and was painted by Antoon van Dyck between 1621 and 1625. Seriously, look at Baby Jesus! He's lunging for John the Baptist, who is just looking up at him while St. Joseph is trying to introduce them. The Blessed Mother is holding on to Jesus, trying to keep him from tackling St. John and St. Elizabeth is just excited that the family is there for a visit. 

This is 'Portrait of a Young Girl at the Age of 10' by Cornelis de Vos and was painted in 1622. Is it just me or does the girl's face look like she can't wait to get into some play clothes?

I was so excited to see this IN PERSON because it is one of my favorite paintings. It's another van Dyck and was painted in 1635 and is called 'The Three Eldest Children of King Charles I of England'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment