Wednesday 17 June 2015

The Shroud of Turin

Over a month ago, my parents saw an article that said the Shroud of Turin would be on display through the month of June and they immediately called me to say that I should go and see it. I got my ticket to see the Shroud, booked my flight, made my hotel reservation, and wondered how I was going to wait over four weeks to make the trip. I arrived last night and first thing this morning, I went to see the Shroud. It was absolutely amazing. Those five minutes I spent in front of the Shroud were probably the most important minutes I've had during my time in Europe. I was shocked that they were allowing (non-flash) photography and managed to get a couple of pictures. Other than that, I just stood there taking it all in. It was moving and wonderful and completely indescribable.

The Shroud of Turin at the Cathedral of San Giovanni Battista in Turin.

No comments:

Post a Comment