Sunday 3 November 2013

Week 4 - Sunday

I was sitting in my apartment trying to get over yesterday's migraine while getting some work done when I glanced out my back window and realized what a glorious day it was. Fat, overstuffed clouds were drifting across a gorgeous blue sky while a delicious breeze rustled the changing leaves. I knew that, even if I really didn't feel like it, I had to take a walk. It was too wonderful a day to stay inside. On top of that, tt gets dark here so early now that my window of opportunity was shrinking. So on went the walking shoes and out I went. I decided to just walk and see where I ended up. I knew that turning right out of my door took me to the grocery store, church, and the center of town. I really didn't know what was in the other direction so I decided to take what was, at least for me, the road less traveled and I'm so glad I did.

About five minutes down the road, I came upon an arched faded brick bridge right next to a weeping willow. Weeping willows are my absolute favorite tree - they're so graceful and wistful and, though it may sound strange to say it about a tree, very emotional. The slightest breeze moves them. It's a very romantic tree:) Anyway, I went to take a picture and found a little canal running below the bridge with a walking path down the far side. What a discovery! The whole thing was absolutely adorable and so picturesque. It was a little bit of the English countryside almost right outside my back door. I went about two miles along the path but couldn't go any farther as I had to get back to the apartment and back to work. But it was a great break and a lucky find. Glad I took that walk!

Here's the tree that originally caught my attention. Isn't it beautiful! I'll have to figure out
how to photo shop those traffic lights out.




There were some beautiful homes along the other bank.



No comments:

Post a Comment