Wednesday 23 October 2013

Week 2 - Wednesday

Happy Face!!!!

So this very large self-portrait shows my "happy/thank God its over/I can finally relax a little" face:) I gave my first presentation in my Theories and Methods class about two hours ago and it actually went really well. If any of my former students are reading this, they'll get such a kick out of the fact that I was SO NERVOUS about presenting. Would I say the right things? Would I get out of the material what the professors were expecting? If they asked me questions would I just sit there gaping with a vacant look on my face? So thank God in all His infinite mercy that it is over and that I didn't make a fool of myself! One of my professors said that my presentation was "very good" - I'll take it:) 

I've really enjoyed the class so far. The professors are great in terms of leading the conversation but leaving it up to the students to talk. They're very good about taking what we say and using it effectively to make points about the topic at hand. And what I especially like is that the professors don't bash anyone's points. Same goes for the students. The seminars so far have just been like conversations, a sharing of ideas without being unnecessarily critical of each other's thoughts or positions. It has been a great learning environment. 

Now I'm back at my apartment thinking about what I want for lunch, looking for something suitably mindless to watch while I eat and decompress, and looking forward to having another week under my belt. Tomorrow is my research seminar, Friday I have French and a lecture on sources and resources so I still have a way to go until the weekend, but it's Hump Day! Almost here! And it is a beautiful day out today - at least for now as the weather is so changeable! - so I might take a walk and get some pictures of Oxford to share with everyone. Fingers crossed:)

No comments:

Post a Comment